Sunday, June 15, 2014

Day 15 - 925 Miles To Date - Smithville, TN

I've always taken a while to get comfortable with people. You could call it shy, but I'm typically never close with any group of people until spending about at least two months with them. Today as we shuttle to Smithville, TN on day 15 I can confidently say this 4k team is my family. The thing is, unless you've been a part of 4k, you will never fully understand the bond that all of us share. I could try and explain it to you, but all you really need to know is that it is a truly amazing thing. As we reflect on the events of the past two days, we have only become stronger and closer. It is not only 4k San Fran 2014 that has become closer, I feel that I share a special bond with all of the other 4k teams this year and also any other team in previous years. Each person is on the 4k for a different and incredible reason. Every one of my teammates has shown me some of the most courage I have ever seen in my entire life and I am so proud to call these people my family even only two weeks into this adventure of a lifetime. Words cannot describe how saddened we all feel by the loss of Jamie Roberts. Though many of us on 4k San Fran 2014 never even met her, we know the amazing and special person she was to be a part of this family. We mourn the loss of one of us and my deepest condolences go out to the Portland team and her family. As we begin to ride again and make our way to the Pacific, we ride every single day for Jamie. Please pray or keep in your thoughts, her family, team Portland, and all of us as we continue tomorrow. Today will be another day off of riding to honor Jamie and her family and tomorrow we will ride or shuttle into Nashville with a beautiful angel watching over us. We are 4k. 

No comments:

Post a Comment