Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Day 25 - 1,566 Miles To Date - Sweet Springs, MO

So bike problems suck. Luckily they just started for me on day 23, but unluckily for me all of them came at once. Since beginning the Katy Trail and my spoke breaking, I've had 9 flats. The rides have been awesome, I've loved my groups and the terrain and the ride itself, but it's super disheartening hearing your tire go flat and also holding up your team. I replaced the rim tape last night, but it slides around and doesn't cover the holes of the spokes which is why I got flats today, so this afternoon I taped it in place - hope that holds up tomorrow! Today was fun otherwise, we had a short 50 mile ride (58 but I got picked up after so many flats.) We got in by 1 and had lunch provided by the church then headed to the pool, it's always so nice to get pool time! The past two days were pretty uneventful other than my many bike issues. Tomorrow we head to Kansas City, which is big and will have plenty of bike shops. Hopefully we get go the host in time for me to get new rim tape and all of the tubes I owe everyone. I'm not too worried about this though, riding 4,000+ miles on a bike is bound to cause problems eventually. Looking forward to our next service day in Salina and also crossing another state line!

No comments:

Post a Comment