Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Day 38 - 2,270 Miles To Date - Colorado Springs, CO

Hello from 6,325 feet up, the highest elevation I've ever been! I suppose the last time I blogged was Syracuse, Kansas so since then we've crossed another state line! The past couple of days were in Colorado, but the terrain was similar to that of Kansas. It was awesome finally being in another state, but it wasn't until today that we hit some major hills. I'm so excited to climb! Kansas really made me appreciate mountains, and these will be mountains I've never experienced. I already love Colorado. So many little coffee shops and tons of active people (especially cyclists.) Colorado Springs is amazing because the city always has a huge mountain backdrop and reminds me of Hawaii. The landscape is just so interesting here too because there are a ton of red rocks but the mountains are also lined with trees. At one point today we thought we were going downhill but the mountains were just getting higher. We couldn't understand why we felt so slow like we were climbing uphill but it was almost like an optical illusion. I also really enjoyed the weather today because it was finally not boiling hot out, but cloudy and very cool. I'm so excited to go to Boulder tomorrow! We meet up with the Portland team and I'm also trying to do a long run on Magnolia Road (where the Colorado Buffalo cross team trains.) 






No comments:

Post a Comment