Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Day 32 - 1,846 Miles To Date - Pratt, KS

Laying on wooden gym floors is actually pretty comfortable when I'm too lazy to pump up my sleeping pad. Yesterday was pretty awesome, Emily and I killed water van duty and it was stress-free with only about three turns. We were able to hang out and blast music as we cheered on the riders. At the end of the day, we went to a sports bar and grill in Wichita to watch the World Cup. It was disappointing to see us lose, but it was fun being with the whole team and sharing our stories with the locals. The best part of the day though, was our mail drop! It was basically Christmas in July because we got a van full of packages. It's hard to send thank yous during this trip, but I am so appreciative of all the gifts. Special shout out to my grandparents, the Rau family, the Snyders and Just Like Home day care, my Aunt Beth, my Aunt and Uncle and Cousins up in Michigan, my parents of course (I love and miss you,) and the Mobley's for forwarding some packages from Knoxville. I am so excited for all of the clif bars, snacks, gift cards, and bike parts because though it's gonna be a tight squeeze in my duffle, it is much needed. I am not always able to go out and get things I need, so mail drops are super exciting. I also love reading the cards and letters because I am so disconnected from anything other than 4k. Today was kind of a long day and Kansas is super boring. We were on one road for 52 miles just staring into the distance. This made me very excited to get to Colorado. The first 60 miles until we had lunch were pretty mentally tiring because there was nothing to look at. After lunch we ended up hitting dirt roads and eventually hitch hiked because there were about to be 8 more miles of this un-rideable sand road. We eventually made it to Pratt and are staying at Pratt High School. Our team is very excited for the 4th of July, so just a couple more rides and we'll head into Syracuse, KS to celebrate. Then it's to the Rockies! Ps - we also managed to get the vans a little stuck, but they both made it safe and sound. 

No comments:

Post a Comment