Friday, July 11, 2014

Day 41 - 2,438 Miles To Date - Estes Park, CO

Have I mentioned that I love Colorado? Today's ride was absolutely gorgeous. I'm going to keep this short and sweet because we have one of our toughest days tomorrow and it's late. Today was hard, 7,000+ ft of climbing within just 50 miles. But the views and descents were totally worth the climbs. I got a flat and it rained a little, but that didn't stop us! Today was about mental toughness (and obviously physical.) I have to give a shout out to my girl Harshini tonight because we're sharing a bed, yes A BED. We're staying at the YMCA of the Rockies aka a giant lodge. I think we're camping tomorrow night, so we will enjoy this as much as possible while we can. I will check back in sometime soon (or when I have service/battery) after the infamous Trail Ridge Road. We will climb to 12,000+ ft tomorrow. Wish us luck! 

1 comment: